Enter MIL who babysat both my kids for 2 hours, during which I washed my car, vacuumed it out, ran to the bank, ran to the vet, stopped at Home Depot...all very quickly and easily. Oh, how I loved the break! I drank coffee and listened to the radio...on loud because I could. I came home a new person; re-energized and happy!
MIL adored the time with my kids. She raved about how cute everyone was and sat wide-eyed, watching them to see what amazing, funny, unbelievably cute thing they would do next. She couldn't wait to tell FIL all about it and took pictures. She reminded me how LUCKY (in all caps) I am. And how great and fun and beautiful my kids are.
Amelia can't quite say Amelia yet, so she calls herself Meena. She's so proud! She started saying thank you and you're welcome. She pretend-cut my hair last night. And pretend-checked my ears with a little flashlight.
T-Mobile splashed away happily in his bath this morning. And giggled his way through Target with me. And looked around wide-eyed as we walked the dog between the raindrops. He crinkles his nose when he smiles, just like I do. He loves carrots and giggles when I feed them to him.
I LOVE my life. In all caps. L-O-V-E

No comments:
Post a Comment