Monday, October 26, 2009

Our World


Amelia's World
It's so fun to "pretend" with Amelia. Last night, she started taking her wooden blocks out of their box and putting them under the exersaucer, which was occupied by her brother. I asked her what she was doing and she explained she was baking cookies. She said I should back up so I didn't get burned by the oven (exersaucer). Once the "cookies" were all in the "oven", we had to steer clear because it was hot. Apparently, Taebin is immune to ovens.
Then, about an hour later during her bedtime snack, Amelia announced the cookies were done. We took them out using oven mitts and put them into a basket for "eating".
Taebin's World
Taebin has started babbling, eating "real" food (chunks) and is cruising along the furniture. He's put on 2lbs in the 5 weeks since he came home and continues to smile and laugh a lot. He is mesmerised by his sister. He's sleeping much better...amazing the difference a month makes! He's ready to start visiting other people now, and we were thrilled to see a lot of family yesterday.

My World
Cynical today. Taebin got shots today and little circle Bandaids on his chunky little thighs. The nurse drew smiley faces on them. Smiley faces. Seriously? Like there's anything happy about shots. Oh, except the knowledge that my baby is protected from yucky, debilitating, potentially fatal diseases and the seasonal flu (TC was right...I needed to be patient). That's something to smile about!


No comments: