Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day


I had the BEST mother's day!  Here's why...

My mom and dad moved to a new house only 4 miles away from us.  It's been about 15 years since we lived anywhere near each other and I'm just tickled pink that calling them is a local call now.  A whole crew of us unloaded them, so it went really fast, which meant there was lots of time for chatting and eating banana bread.  Enormous thanks to B&E, D&A, RS, my BIL's, SIL and amazingly strong nephews.  Everyone's willingness to pitch in blew me away.

Lia stayed with my M&FIL during the move and came home on mother's day.  It's amazing how much I miss her when she's gone.  I thought I'd welcome a good night's sleep, but I just missed her.  Not in a creepy, I can't bear to be away from my child for even a minute sort of way.  I just wondered what she was up to.

And, Husband (needed to change what I call him here...with my dad living so close now, I can't call Husband Dad anymore...too confusing...so I'm stealing "nomenclature" from Michelle...hope she doesn't mind.  If I were at work, I'd call it a "best practice") never fails to amaze me.  He gave me a card that made me fall in love with him all over again.

I went to bed that night completely at peace, thinking about all the blessings that surround me.  Especially Amelia.

No comments: