Taebin
- On personality: This kid is bright! He's got peek a boo in the mirror down and is darn close to walking. He is very observant and doesn't miss anything. He was already saying the Korean equivalent of mommy and daddy when we brought him home. He is very focused on walking and wants to do nothing else, even when he's really tired and getting frustrated. In short: driven and observant with a smile that lights up the room
- On eating: Eating much better now that I've made some Korean style porridge (basically sticky rice cooked with a whole bunch of water and blended into a thin, pasty soup). He likes squash and carrots and is coming around to sweet potatoes. Not sure we'll ever get there with peas. I'd forgotten how much formula a 9-month-old goes through!
- On attachment: I think he's still learning that we are Mom and Dad and Amelia and he lives with us and we provide him with everything he needs, including an occasional whack from his sister (not that he really needs it, but A sure thinks he does). We will continue to stay "cocooned" through October until we're confident he's firmly attached to his new family. This means nobody, except his grandparents, can hold him and we won't be taking too many visitors. We appreciate all of you who have called and would like to visit!! We will let you know when he's ready to take guests.
- On cute: You've never seen such a smile!
- On sleep: The tough love starts tonight...we're tired.
Amelia
- On sisterhood: A has a love/hate relationship with Taebin. Yesterday, I bought a side-by-side double stroller at a rummage sale. During the first ride, Taebin yanked Amelia's hair, insisted on grabbing her cup of Cheerios repeatedly, touched her legs and looked at her admiringly. Amelia was an angel, tolerating it all and looking the other way. I was so proud of her, that she got a sticker when she got home! 5 minutes later, she slugged Taebin and got a stern talking to and was forced to apologize
- On eating: Amelia has become a great eater! She gets into her own booster seat at the table, wears a bib without an argument and pretty much takes care of herself, eating most things put on her plate. She always wants some of what Taebin is eating (thankfully, she's stopped trying to drink out of his bottles), which is always nutritious, so I don't mind
- On being 2: She's good at it. A balance of "terrible" and funny and sweet all wrapped together. She does naughty things over and over just to see what I'll do this time. And then, we'll have moments I'll remember forever. Last night, we made scratch currant muffins together. She helped measure things and mixed the batter. She was so proud when we pulled them out of the oven and ate them for a bedtime snack! She loves puzzles, her dolls, and books and pretending to cook and go to work
Me
- On strategic thinking: I'm learning strategies for managing 2 kids at the same time. There's always got to be an activity and a back-up activity. Tonight: Finger-painting with finger-paint that is colorless unless painted onto the "special" (read expensive) paper. Back-up activity: Going to the mall to play in the play-area
- On eating: I eat much better when I'm on maternity leave! Today's lunch: home-made hummus on pita bread from the middle-eastern grocery store with fresh spinach from the CSA and an organic banana and soymilk with a graham cracker for dessert. I posted the menu for the week on the fridge including Amelia's lunch that we pack for her to take to school and family dinner. I love only having to think about it once/week!
- On being Mom: I love having 2 kids and watching how similar and different they are already. Time with each of them is precious and I savor every moment, which means there aren't too many pictures because I'm too busy soaking the moment all up myself
Fabulous Husband
- Fabulous. Always. In every way. I'm so lucky!!

4 comments:
Thanks for the update! I love the happiness that shines through in both your face and words.
Glad to see the happy update.
Keep enjoying.
JB
What a great picture. :)
beautiful picture..
Post a Comment