Morning Ritual
Amelia is a daddy's girl, and it's a big crisis in the morning when he goes into the bathroom to take a shower. She used to sit outside the bathroom door howling "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" to the point where I would just walk away because she was inconsolable. Now, when Daddy goes to take a shower, she tells me "Daddy's dirty. Take shower!" and when Daddy turns the water off, she says "Yay!!"
Cleanliness
Amelia is the cleanest toddler I've ever met and constantly wants to wash her hands and her toys. Last night, she announced "I washing!", dragged her box of dishes (measuring cups, spatulas, bowls) into the bathroom and shut the door. She flipped the light on, climbed onto her little chair, turned on the (cold) water and washed her dishes. When she was done, she turned the water off, put the dishes back in the box, climbed down and shut off the light. Her perfect plan went slightly awry when she couldn't open the door to get out, but was beaming with pride at her accomplishment!
Polite
I'm eating my breakfast oatmeal.
Amelia: I want some of this (pointing to my oatmeal)
Me: I want some of this please?
Amelia: Mmmhmm

No comments:
Post a Comment