Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hiiiiiii-YAH!




Well, the fabulous company I worked for treated to me to Self Defense training this week. And, while I hope that I'll never have to use it, I definitely feel more prepared for what to do if "the worst" happened.

It was a surprisingly emotional class for me. The thought of something happening to me is scary enough, but when someone counseled me on what to do with my kids if "the worst" happened was more than I could contain.

Women--Please take a self defense course. You're worth it! Know what to do to protect yourself and your kiddos. It's a jungle out there.

I think the most valuable thing I learned was that it's OK to trust my instincts. You know that butterfly/icky feeling you get in your stomach when something isn't right? It's important, essential to trust it. And, it's OK to bolt from the elevator when a creepy guy gets on it. If he's a good guy, he'll understand. If he's not, well...you made a good decision. Since then, I've been much more alert and "listening" for the butterflies. It's surprising when they flutter and when they're quiet. Try it. No really...try it.

No comments: