T-Mobile is officially one and a half (plus about a month, because I haven't gotten around to posting in a while) and I've been reflecting on the 10 months he's been home. The first few nights are fuzzy now, but I remember wearing T-Mobile on my back, Korea-style, in the fabulous Ergo carrier I got at Pacifier, for hours during the night. As soon as I'd stop walking, T would wake up and cry. Once I started walking again, he'd calm down and doze. Meena had a hard time with the transition and was constantly acting out. In short, that first month was tough. But, it was amazing too...getting to know our new little man, watching him get to know us, and all of us growing and learning together.Fast forward to July, and I see a happy little boy. He loves his daddy; me too, but especially Daddy and Grandpa. He's all boy. He loves trucks and playing outside. He's a climber, and we spend hours at the park. And he runs now...why walk when running gets you there that much faster?
His smile is contagious, and on his face about 90% of the time. He likes to be the center of attention and is really quite a little ham.
Meena adores him. Mostly. Except when he's taking her toys or playing with a toy she wants to play with. She's always asking where he is or what he's doing, and he always want to know where she is and what she's doing. Meena takes care of him at daycare, to the point where the teachers had to break it to her that it's their job to take care of him. Her job is to learn and play.
It's so fun to watch him grow. He has a large vocabulary amazing the pediatrician and his teachers (not bad for a kid who was predicted to be "behind" in language. Ha!) He's smarter than I know and it's always surprising what he can do or say or learn.
I wish every adoption story were like this. We are so blessed; I wish everyone could feel this joy!

No comments:
Post a Comment