Yesterday, you and I took a vacation day so we could play together outside in the beautiful, perfect summer weather. You couldn't wait to go outside, so much so that you wanted to head out in your pajamas! Once clothed, you loaded yourself into the Burley knock-off on the back of my bike and put on your own seatbelt...such a big girl...all set to go! I put your helmet on you and you giggled uncontrollably as I clipped it under your ticklish chin. You snacked on graham crackers and a sippy full of milk as I pedaled to The Castle to play.
You ran all over the playground, spending a few seconds with each plaything until you had a full lay of the land. You smiled and laughed as we played on the swing. I pushed you from the front so I could kiss your playground-scarred knees each time. We climbed all over The Castle until SD and HD came to visit, and then all 3 of you tore around, finding countless cubby holes and hidden play things only little ones could get to.
And, occasionally, you'd run over to me and say "up please!" for a quick cuddle. We talked about what fun things there were to do, and you pointed to our next destinations. I put you down each time and you'd run off, giggling with pure joy.
Your joy spilled over and flooded my heart, making me forget about everything that weighs me down. I love you. I love spending time with you, every minute I can get. You take a big bite out of life, and you inspire me to do the same.
Let's play more when you're up from your nap today, OK?
Love,
Mom

1 comment:
I love this post. So sweet and true. Happy Summer!
Post a Comment