Saturday, April 19, 2008

Our Week

Here's what happened this week:

Amelia News:  Amelia officially got sick for the first time in her whole life.  She's got a very mild case of rotavirus.  The doctor said it was a good thing we'd gotten her vaccinated against it.  The full blown version isn't pretty and often lands little shavers in the hospital for a day or 2 to treat dehydration.  You'd never know she was sick by looking at her.  She's happy as a clam, rolling all over the place and generally enjoying life.  Except for her runny nose...that's no fun.


Amelia Speaks:  Dad enters the room.  Amelia looks at Dad and says, "Hey Daaah-Deeee".  I'm not kidding.  It really happened.  She's a prodigy.

Houseguest:  Oscar's over for a long weekend.  Jazzmine's loving it and Amelia's petting the puppies every chance she gets.

Work:  I'm loving my job these days.  And, loving the "working mom" support I get from the company.  Nobody batted an eye that I had to take a 1/2 day off on Friday to take my kid to the doctor.  Can't beat The Mills!

Household Purchases:  We're proud to have finally purchased a new front door!  Our old one was a solid pane of glass that created a wonderful greenhouse between it and the main door (made of metal).  It would make the door so hot you couldn't touch the handle and the paint all peeled off.  Sometimes I think we're still nesting.

What's Cookin'?:  Today, it's raining so I'm baking pumpkin bread.  Amelia's going to supervise the operation from the Johnny Jump Up.  Tomorrow, we're going to celebrate the promised gorgeous weather by making kabobs on the grill.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Oooh, she's cute! I had heard, but it's nice to see. I came over from Suzanne's new blog. (I'm her new sister-in-law with a knitting blog.) James and I were so suprised and delighted by the wedding gift. As soon as Suzanne gets us your mailing address we'll get your thank you note out!