Monday, April 14, 2008

Green Cleaners

So, yesterday morning, I decided to tick off another item on my "green resolutions" list.  Specifically, I went out to purchase some green cleaners.  I wanted to get some cleaners from this cool company called Terracycle.  They make cleaning products that are 100% "natural" with re-used pop bottles.

I went to the website and was even more impressed when I entered my zipcode and it told me that the Target, Menards and Home Depot near my house all carried their brand.  I was very disappointed to find that neither Menards nor Home Depot actually had any of their products.  And, with my 7-month-old in tow, I wasn't about to drag her to a 3rd store just for cleaning products.  So, I settled for Greenworks brand, which only Home Depot had.  I must comment that I was very disappointed in Menards...they hardly had any green cleaners on the shelf at all.  Home Depot had a couple of brands in each category.

I really do just need to start making my own cleaning products at home, but I really haven't had time.  But, now I have some good squirty bottles, so maybe when these are empty I'll pull out my baking soda and vinegar and do it right.

1 comment:

Patrice Benoit said...

FYI - You can get green cleaners by Seventh Generation at a lot of stores now including Walgreens, Babies R Us, Whole Foods, Lunds & Byerly's, and Target. You can print coupons from the Seveneth Generation website. I personally use their detergent and dish washing soap. So far, we love them.