My day started with Meena bursting into our bedroom, "Wake up, Mommy!", super excited to start another amazing, magical, adventure-filled day, which is how all of her days start. (My morning attitude is directly proportional to the number of cups of coffee I've had. So anyway...) 5 minutes later, Fabulous Husband greeted me with banana walnut pancakes, fresh fruit, real maple syrup and yogurt. (LOVE my husband)
20 minutes later, I threw on my team shirt and headed off for Race for the Cure with Mom (also decked out in her team shirt...cuz we're a team). We did the "race" that, for us, isn't a race at all. It's more of an excuse to talk about girl stuff and go out to lunch without husbands or kids (who are fabulous, but everyone needs a break from everyone sometimes). The weather was awesome, sunny and warm. We met inspiring people spanning several generations...all united to cure breast cancer. (sigh)
I got home to T-Mobile sleeping and Meena exploding out of the house to give me a huge hug, which made my day yet again the best Mother's Day EVER! And then, we planted the garden...spinach, green beans and peas. Meena isn't one for planting in straight lines. She plants more in little piles of seeds which are then thoroughly mixed with soil until she's bored and finds something else to do, like watch the neighbor start up his motorcycle.

The rest of the day, I plan to soak up the gorgeous weather outside with Fabulous Husband and my 2 kiddos. Maybe a bikeride, some time on the slide...who knows. But definitely with my kids. Noplace else I'd rather be on Mother's Day!


Thanks, kiddos, for the best Mother's Day EVER!!!
(thanks to Mom and Fabulous Husband too :)

No comments:
Post a Comment