They told me this would happen...that the way my brain ceased to function normally while I was pregnant would become a permanent state. The way I forgot everything, made silly mistakes on everyday things...all of that. And, yes...it's happened.
The silliest mistake I made when I was pregnant, some of you have already heard. We received a GIANT credit card bill. It had a number of big ticket items on it--new computer, the crib, etc. So, I went to Wells Fargo online and paid the bill, just like every month. So, a month later, I received a bill for an even MORE GIANT credit card bill with a handy finance charge tacked on. Evidently, they hadn't received my payment. I ran to the computer and got online. Lo and behold, I had paid the amount I owed the credit card company to the electric company. Naturally, hormones raging, I burst into tears. I explained it all to Steve, who, once again, fixed everything.
Steve called the credit card company for me, pretended it was he who had made the mistake and got them to drop part of the finance charges. He called the electric company and they issued us a GIANT check to us for, what he said, was his mistake, not mine. I paid the new credit card bill. Problem solved. Whew! I'll never do that again!
Fast forward about 9 months, and here we are again. Got a call from Comcast on Saturday night telling me I needed to call them back. Well, there was no way to successfully navigate the myriad of phone options when you didn't know what they wanted. So, off to the computer I went. I looked and realized I hadn't paid the cable bill since November. Well, turns out, instead of paying the cable bill, I'd again paid the electric company.
I'd like to think it's some weird flukey screw-up on Wells Fargo's part, but I'm quite certain it was my error. I'm scared to death what I'm going to screw up when I go back to work!!
Monday, January 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Three things.
1. Like I said, I have frontal mohawk action happening--like the reverse of the cool mall bangs thing back in the 80's. At 4 months my hair was all about heading south...hence the hot mom chop. You're a hot mom Princess J, no matter how much hair is collecting in the drain.
2. Henry learned to sit up playing with Doris, his friendly dinosaur. (Formerly Dennis, until Dennis informed us that Dennis is,in fact, Doris). There was nothing in "that book" about sitting up with the aid of a Dinosaur, so again, ignore the nonsense and adore the stuff she's excelling at (being: breathing, smiling, eating, adoring you back,etc:)
3. I just checked my bank account. $15.00 in it. Seems I forgot I paid bills last month. Henry and I are going take a joy ride to the night deposit box....
You're doing beautifully. Amelia has a fantasic mommy.
Post a Comment