
Yesterday, I gave Amelia a bath. And, as always, afterward I put her in her fleece jammies, wrapped her in Grandma's afghan and held her to warm her up. She got all toasty and fell asleep. Normally, I would have put her into her crib to continue her nap. But, yesterday, I decided not to. We sat in the rocking chair listening to The Nutcracker CD Grandpa made for us (Thanks, Dad!). Lia slept and I read a book / watched her sleep for the whole hour and a half.
She makes the funniest faces in her sleep and sometimes will "talk" in her sleep. It was really fun to see it all!
Then, I remembered all of the things I could be getting done if I'd just put her in her crib: cleaning the house (Jazzmine's shedding, so there's enough hair in my house to make about 16 dogs), doing the dishes, laundry, wrapping Christmas presents, etc. But, as Steve reminded me later, I didn't take 6 months off of work so that I could clean. I took 6 months off to spend with my daughter.
And, what a prescious 6 months they are!

No comments:
Post a Comment