
So, last night, Amelia would NOT take her evening nap. She cried and cried, both of us trying to console her. She'd quiet down for a few minutes and then start right up again. We decided to let her cry it out herself, but after about 20 minutes, we knew we needed to try something else.
So, we pulled out the swaddle. I've always felt bad using the swaddle blanket. She can't move her little arms in it, and I hear her struggling to get them free when we use it. She makes these little grunting noises that are just darling, but I can just hear her frustration. But, last night, it was just the trick. As soon as we swaddled her and stuck her pacifier back in her mouth, the crying stopped and the sleeping began.
Of course, that messed her little internal clock/schedule all up, but at least she got some much needed sleep.
The lesson I learned: The books are right. If your kid likes the swaddle, use the swaddle. Even though, I would HATE the swaddle, Amelia is not me, and apparently she loves it.
Whew!

No comments:
Post a Comment